Fly free

Fly free

This is me

My photo
I am a woman who appreciates life and all that it offers. Life is so unique and beautiful that it fills my mind with many thoughts and questions. My thoughts are overflowing on the contents of these pages.Who am I? Just me and the spaces in between.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So what is love

When I started this post it was Valentine Day. I have some things happen since then that may change the flow but hey that is life for certain that is me.


Recently Valentine Day has passed. I watched excited women receive flowers and candies, romantic evenings and dinners. I heard many males complain about the expense of the day and the catering to women who don't deserve it. I smiled through the day as I looked at my empty desk at work (I did receive a card from a friend that made me smile and several calls from girlfriends). But I had to think what is love.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

So what is it? Is it a noun something you say. A verb, something you express? My mind becomes pensive and I have to think why is it so important for me to discover?

I have been searching for you.. the more that I search the more elusive you become
I call to you, whisper to you, wanting, waiting to feel the touch of your breath against my ear as you answer to me
Silence
I turn the pages of the greatest revelation of love slowly digesting each word hoping that you’ll live inside me and show me something that I have yet to discover
Why can't I have you? The creator designed me this way and I can’t fulfill the purpose
I have spent many nights praying that God would send you to me. Or should I be as Ruth and come lay across your feet and wait for you to see me. I have been planted with this spirit of love and I cannot shake it. If I could remove it I would it pains me the emptiness I feel. I have tried to drink it away, sleep it away, speak it away and still she comes back and places her hands around my delicate heart. She whispers her command to me love another, as you have been loved. And I weep for the love that I maintain is deep and strong like the waters of the oceans and deeper than the trenches that still bury her secrets. Oh Jeremiah if only we could commune so you could show me your heart, so broken and solemn yet full of undying love. I've woken up dreaming of the one to love a faceless soul with strength and warmth greater than I can behold. Wanting him so badly I could feel his touch and the sincerity of my helpmate, as I was his.
Last night I smelled you. I turned over and you weren't there. I went to the store and picked up the meal I’d prepared for you. I set plates at an empty table waiting your arrival. Why does love hurt so bad, I demanded an answer silence would not be accepted. And as I give up you respond


My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts,
Do everything in love.

I laid on my couch ill and not able to hold down foods and liquids yesterday and I saw and felt the greatest gifts of love. My Aunt and young male (16,18) came to my rescue. Held my daughter and went to store for me. Cleaned up my vomit and allowed me to sleep. They prepared for the trip to the hospital if necessary since I am diabetic. I could hear the sounds of cleaning as my Aunt tended to my home to ensure when I awoke that I had little to do (my 62 year old retired aunt who is as beautiful today as she was yesterday).

So what is it? Is it a noun something you say. A verb, something you express? My mind becomes pensive and I have to think why is it so important for me to discover?

Love is that moment when your heart cries because someone tells you and shows you how important you. It is the expression of a small four-letter word with actions that cannot be assessed a value. It is a 16-year-old boy assuring a 2-year-old girl that her mother will be fine. An 18year old man venturing to a store to make sure he gets fluids to re-hydrate his cousin, not his mother or grandmother but his cousin. Love is a woman who has worked hard in love and deserves respite but leans over on a floor to clean and a mess she didn’t make. I still long for that one in my love as I know that is who I am but I will wait until he is prepared to express that 4 letter word with actions beyond value. I am a woman whose roots have been watered with a pure loving water.

So what is love?

Love is patient, love is kind.
Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. Follow the way of love and Do everything in love.

1 comment:

Kiyotoe said...

damn Chetta. The way you break it down makes me feel like I have no idea what Love really is. Have i been cheating myself AND my woman because i haven't given love "her" proper respect and attention?

damn chetta. You need to teach a class or something and i'm moving to Denver so i can enroll.

Blog Archive