Fly free

Fly free

This is me

My photo
I am a woman who appreciates life and all that it offers. Life is so unique and beautiful that it fills my mind with many thoughts and questions. My thoughts are overflowing on the contents of these pages.Who am I? Just me and the spaces in between.

Monday, March 26, 2007


Picture by Thomas Blackshear's Ebony Visions


Father
Your energy creates the femininity in your daughters
Your smile of approval illuminates the path that we walk

The strong hold of your hand is like the dam to the waters that beg to flood from our weary souls
The understanding that reverberates from your spirit gives acceptance to paths that your daughters are required to walk.

My Father how I look to your words for wisdom and life
I want to hear the fruit of your mouth, it is sweet and pure. In my eyes even your frailties are righteous and your utterances of experience are wisdom

My earthly creator I look to you to appreciate my beauty and grace. Your affirmation is greater than any man's approval. See my ear just like Job tests your words as the tongue tastes food.

I revere your humanity in my eyes you are my protector, the man who will teach me to love another man.
I pray you understand that the watering of my seeds lies in your ability to plant a good harvest in my soul.

Your influence in the lives of daughters in insurmountable whether present or absent. Your actions shape the lives of the women that will become your mates your friends and loves.

Men as your entertain the presence of women remember that their Father has helped to fashion the spirit you have. As you become fathers to daughters what are you encouraging in your daughter; will she stand strong and proud, can she weather any storm. Or will she seek the approval of men because she never received it in you, will she looked to men for understand and acceptance in any way she can since you weren't there. Teach her to be strong.
Father you are more important than you realize, take it from a woman with a Father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, yet your words seem bitter-sweet to me because they make me think how few fathers are worthy of that sort of admiration.

Blog Archive